Free Resource - Hotel Website Specification - SHORT READ
25 things you want from your Hotel Website
Feel free to use it as a Website Specification in your next meeting with your website supplier.
- It must be mobile enabled.
- It must be multi-lingual.
- It must score 50 or above on Google Website Speed Tester for the MOBILE SITE.
- It must have a Secure Cert.
- A Badge on the homepage that appears when rooms are available tonight.
- Content must be controllable by you (ie have a Content Management System).
- It must be possible to edit the content from a mobile phone.
- It must have a method of only loading the content the browser can see ('LazyLoader')
- It should be possible to upload Documents.
- It should be possible to edit the Metatags.
- The Booking Engine must be in a prime location on the website.
- You want to be able to create 'popup' on the website.
- It should be possible to add a Google Analytics Account.
- It should be possible to measure Google Adwords Conversions.
- It should contain a SiteMap.
- It should have a blog for News and Events.
- It should be possible to add widgets (ie TripAdvisor reviews etc).
- It should AUTOMATICALLY display my available Special Offers.
- It should be able to display Special Offers.
- Should show your room rates in graph format (a la Ryanair)
- Images should be stored in a manner that allows them to display quickly (commonly known as a CDN)
- It should be possible to add links to your social media sites
- Guests should be able to 'opt-in/sign up' to your Marketing Campaigns
Ok, the last one is more of a ‘GuestDiary ideology’, but....your Website should come from the same company who supplies your Booking Engine