Complete the three Google Maps.Review your web page metatags against your SER targets.
How to Create Google Maps?
- Go to www.google.com/maps
- Sign In
- Click My Maps/Create Map
- Give it a title and description
- Navigate to bring up the relevant map
- Add the placemarks and text.
- Save Map
- Create a new page in the website CMS.
- Copy and paste the map ‘embed’ code into the source code.
Metatags - The most important ‘Technical Solution’ to improving SER.
As requested please find below the presentations from the first 4 modules.
- Metatags are attached to keywords and originally indicated what the content of the page was about.
- Metatags can be seen in the Google Search Results. (Example)
- Metatags consist of Titles/Description/Keywords.
- The words used in the Metatags must match the Keywords in the page text.
- It is much easier to obtain a good SER on ‘narrow’ keywords.
- The keywords in common usage are never as technical as people in the trade think.
- Keywords at the start of the Title Tag are the most important.